Thursday, May 15, 2008

Princess and the Pea

Princess got her first foot cast a few days ago, and it has been a hard transition for all of us. She cried the entire first day. Much like "The Princess and the Pea", she just can't get comfortable.

She has since figured out how to get around with the cast, but she tires quickly and then gets very frustrated. She had been pulling herself up on things and is now unable to do so because the foot isn't set in a flat position that can sustain her balance. That doesn't really improve her mood either.

I thought the docs would start slowly, but they really twisted that foot significantly. See how it looks upside down or backwards? I'd be grumpy too!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Poor little girl! She looks so sad & adorable! She'll get the hang of it before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed how forced out it was when you were here the other day. I got a better look at her today at church...man that looks uncomfortable! I know you said it has to be re-cast once a week...you're welcome to leave any/all of your 3 monkeys over at my house to play with my 3 divas anytime you have an appointment for her. I can imagine she needs a lot of extra TLC on re-casting days!

Susan said...

Thanks, Amber! I really appreciate that. I fear my monkeys would destroy your beautiful home though! Remember that time I walked in and looked around at the vases of flowers, the busts, the folding screen, and other great decor, and asked how you did it? I will never forget you laughing, "I have GIRLS!"