Thursday, June 12, 2008

Long Live The Geeks!

Lately, thanks to Warren (a kindred spirit), I've been thinking about how our family celebrates its "geekiness". I love geeks! I am one and I married one. (Actually, I think Russ is officially a nerd, which is a geek with bigger brains.)

We do very "geeky" stuff as a family and, from the way our oldest son tells it, you'd think we were the envy of all the kids in his class. One of our favorite "geek" activities is Geocaching. This is heaven for anybody who enjoys both techno-gadgets and the outdoors! I wrote an article explaining Geocaching, which can be read here. Then go to Geocaching.com and find out more.

As you can see, we have discovered some really interesting places thanks to Geocaching... I promise, true geeks will love it!

3 comments:

Kristopher said...

I think Russ qualifies for the accolade of "manly nerd."

Seems like you've told me about that top picture...could you explain it to me again?

Warren said...

I've always wanted to get into geocaching! I have a GPS device (that I mostly use for travel so I don't get lost, but ya know...) so it would be a lot of fun to take it up and do it for a FHE some time.

Tricia said...

This sounds like a lot of fun! I told Matt about it & he agrees, so hopefully we'll be joining the geocaching nerd group soon :-)